Thursday, January 29, 2015


Well, there you have it.  That is what I am dealing with.  I have only ran 12 times since the NYC Marathon (and packed on 10 pounds of beer and food, oh boy).  There have been days off, and weeks off.  I have been trying to stay active and things were looking up.  I had a couple weeks off, was working out at home, and had 2 runs in a row (3 days between) that were great.  Then yesterday I did a regular stretch/pushup type of workout.  Later in the day, when I was planning on a short run again, my hammy was really tight and sore.  I had zero days running close to one another, and also was being very careful not to aggravate my hammy.  Today's workout sealed it, that it is now time to seek some help from the pro's.  I HATE taking time off, but the last few months have proven that I am willing to do it if I HAVE to.  So, I plan on hitting whatever rehab I am given...and hit it hard!  I wanted this year to be one of my best running years to date.  Depending on how this time off and rehab goes, that may still be possible.  For now, I guess I will have to give some updates as I have them.  More to come!

I WILL see you out there soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment